Monday, July 25, 2005

Are there any offensive Buddhist jokes?

George to don More options 8:18 pm (2 minutes ago) I have known this story since about age 10 or 12. Perhaps Catholic school education brings these around early. The story has likely been around for a good while in one form or another and I wouldn't be suprised if it was popularized in the fifties by Neuhart or Berman. Then of course there are the Mary stories, the most popular being:
Jesus encounters a crowd about to stone and adulteress, stepping between the crowd and the adulteress Jesus admonishes the crowd with the well known verse about the sinless throwing the first stone. Whereupon a wizened little woman comes forward with an enormous stone in her hands, and Jesus says, "Oh, mother, please!"
- Show quoted text -
On 7/25/05, don wrote:
- Show quoted text -
And a little religious humor from Rev. W.
don
----- Original Message -----
From: Bob
To:
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 2:08 PM
Subject: Israel - Hide quoted text -
I am sure that his Holiness Mr. Valery would appreciate this one.
- Hide quoted text -
A Jewish businessman in Chicago sent his son to Israel for a year to absorb the culture. When the son returned, he said, "Papa, I had a great time in Israel. By the way, I converted to Christianity." "Oy vey," said the father, "what have I done!" He took his problem to his best friend. "Ike". He said, "I sent my son to Israel, and he came home a Christian. What can I do?" "Funny you should ask," said Ike. "I, too, sent my son to Israel, and he also came home a Christian. Perhaps we should go see the Rabbi." They explained their problem to the Rabbi. "Funny you should ask," said the rabbi. "I, too sent my son to Israel, and he also came home a Christian. What is happening to our young people? They prayed, telling the Lord about their sons. As they finished their prayer, a voice came from the heavens: "Funny you should ask," said the voice. "I, too, sent my son to Israel...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don will be here soon to say something, we hope.

5:57 AM  
Blogger Popeye said...

Hello, Don...

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home